At the FCRT a passion for horses becomes a means of learning life skills...the FCRT is not a riding school, it is a place where horses are a means to an end, not an end in themselves! What is taught and learnt through horses at the FCRT is about developing an ability to communicate, travel independently, manage money, and time and to make it possible to have a better understanding of numeracy and literacy for everyday life.
Until you are able to visit, we hope the website gives you some idea of what the FCRT is all about. There is no doubt that a visit to the real thing is best! We look forward to seeing you soon...our next Open Day is on Thursday, 12th May 2016.
Some young people are highly motivated to learn when it comes to horses, yet in a traditional classroom environment find learning too difficult...for them the FCRT may be an unexpected turning point in their further education. Individuals who have the motivation to learn through horses are given the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge needed to lead an independent and fulfilled life, learning what was previously unachievable.
Horses at the FCRT are a means to a life changing end, not for sport and leisure pursuits. So much of what is required to work with and understand horses is also what enables the achievement of neccessary life and social skills.
- Please click on the links on the top left of each of our pages to find more information about the FCRT, what it offers, about the facilities, the staff and the horses and how you can become involved or give your support.
- To contact FCRT please telephone 01425 673297, e.mail email@example.com or you can go to the 'Contact Us' page and use the 'Online Enquiry Form'.
- For 'Diary Dates', please click on the 'Forthcoming Diary Dates' download at the bottom of the page.
- For copies of the latest FCRT Ofsted and Care Quality Commission (CQC) Reports, please click on the corresponding links at the bottom of the page.
- To find current FCRT job vacancies, please click on the link 'Join the Team' and then on 'Employment Opportunities'.
Jennifer and Martin saddle up
The FCRT would like to thank
all the FCRT Friends, volunteers, supporters and guests
who helped to make the Ruby Weekend a huge success:
£14,000 was raised
towards the £60,000 needed for the creation of The Equine Hub, which will be a classroom based upon the yard at Avon Tyrrell.
The Equine Hub will enable the FCRT FETH Course students to learn IT skills whilst staying in close contact with the horse and the equine environment.
A Christmas Star
(Photograph taken by Jane Pritchard-Williams)
The wording inside this card is printed in red and reads
With all best wishes for a Happy Christmas and New Year
The Christmas card order form can be found within the factsheet and download section below.
Post your completed order form and payment to:
Christmas Cards, FCRT Avon Tyrrell, Bransgore,
You are invited to
'The Fortune of Christmas'
Tuesday 20th December 2016
in the Indoor School
at the FCRT Avon Tyrrell location
Everyone welcome to enjoy various festive stalls, mince pies and hot drinks from 5pm
Carols & Tableaux will be performed by the students, Associates, staff and horses at 6.30pm
Dress Warmly and bring a torch!
Related Factsheets & Downloads
Click here to get Adobe Reader
to download PDFs >>