At the FCRT a passion for horses becomes a means of learning life skills...the FCRT is not a riding school, it is a place where horses are a means to an end, not an end in themselves! What is taught and learnt through horses at the FCRT is about developing an ability to communicate, travel independently, manage money, and time and to make it possible to have a better understanding of numeracy and literacy for everyday life.
Until you are able to visit, we hope the website gives you some idea of what the FCRT is all about. There is no doubt that a visit to the real thing is best! We look forward to seeing you soon...our next Open Day is on Thursday, 14th May 2015.
Some young people are highly motivated to learn when it comes to horses, yet in a traditional classroom environment find learning too difficult...for them the FCRT may be an unexpected turning point in their further education. Individuals who have the motivation to learn through horses are given the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge needed to lead an independent and fulfilled life, learning what was previously unachievable.
Horses at the FCRT are a means to a life changing end, not for sport and leisure pursuits. So much of what is required to work with and understand horses is also what enables the achievement of neccessary life and social skills.
- Please click on the links on the top left of each of our pages to find more information about the FCRT, what it offers, about the facilities, the staff and the horses and how you can become involved or give your support.
- To contact FCRT please telephone 01425 673297, e.mail firstname.lastname@example.org or you can go to the 'Contact Us' page and use the 'Online Enquiry Form'.
- For 'Diary Dates', please click on the 'Forthcoming Diary Dates' download at the bottom of the page.
- For copies of the latest FCRT Ofsted and Care Quality Commission (CQC) Reports, please click on the corresponding links at the bottom of the page.
- To find current FCRT job vacancies, please click on the link 'Join the Team' and then on 'Employment Opportunities'.
FCRT Selfie 2015
The Fortune Centre of Riding Therapy
Send us a photograph of you and your favourite horse or pony, and complete the following (in no more than 40 words)
‘Horses have made a difference in my life because........’
Send in your photo and answer with your name, age (if under 18) and contact details via email to: email@example.com
Two winners will receive 2 tickets to Olympia Horse Show 2015
Competitors must be 8 years or over
Entries close at midnight Sunday 24th May 2015
By entering this competition you are bound by the terms and conditions found on our website. All entries displayed on our website
Tel: 01425 673297 www.fortunecentre.org
CHANGING DAILY UNDER
NEWS & EVENTS
Fun fundraising Dog Show May 2015
Fun fundraising Dog Show taking place at the FCRT Avon Tyrrell on Saturday 23rd May 2015, from 10.00am to 2.00pm.
The Dog Show is to raise funds for the FCRT (Registered Charity number 1045352) and Woofability (Registered Charity Number 1135756). Woofability is a charity based in the FCRT area, that trains dogs to help disabled people.
The event will have a variety of fun, informal classes and stalls. We would be delighted if you and your friends – and of course your dogs – come along and enjoy the day with us.
Among the stalls there will be a cake stall, a Woofability stall, FCRT stall, Tack and Equine equipment and a Tombola...
We very much hope to see you on the day.
For further details about the day and for entry forms, please contact Gemma Symonds on 01425 673297.
FCRT hosts 'Shop and Drop' facility at the New Forest show 2015
Tuesday 28th July - Thursday 30th July 2015
The FCRT has once again been given the opportunity to host the 'Shop and Drop' facility at the New Forest show.
The New Forest Show attracts around 95,000 visitors every year and encompasses competition, information and display of countryside pursuits, craft, produce and entertainment. More information about the New Forest Show can be found at the Show website: www.newforestshow.co.uk/website
The 'Shop and Drop' facility gives visitors the opportunity to leave their bags or belongings at a safe place near the entrance to the show, for a small donation. All proceeds collected will go to the FCRT.
For more information about the FCRT 'Shop and Drop' at the New Forest Show, contact Jennifer Dixon-Clegg on 07786 194282
Related Factsheets & Downloads
Click here to get Adobe Reader
to download PDFs >>
- SELFIE Competition Terms and Conditions 2015
- Forthcoming Diary Dates
- CQC Inspection Report - Robert House February 2014
- CQC Inspection Report - Wootton Hall Farm Nov 2013
- CQC Easy to read summary report - Robert House February 2014
- CQC Easy to read summary report - Wootton Hall Farm Nov 2013
- Ofsted Full Published Report 2012