At the FCRT a passion for horses becomes a means of learning life skills...the FCRT is not a riding school, it is a place where horses are a means to an end, not an end in themselves! What is taught and learnt through horses at the FCRT is about developing an ability to communicate, travel independently, manage money, and time and to make it possible to have a better understanding of numeracy and literacy for everyday life.
Until you are able to visit, we hope the website gives you some idea of what the FCRT is all about. There is no doubt that a visit to the real thing is best! We look forward to seeing you soon...our next Open Day is on Thursday, 12th May 2016.
Some young people are highly motivated to learn when it comes to horses, yet in a traditional classroom environment find learning too difficult...for them the FCRT may be an unexpected turning point in their further education. Individuals who have the motivation to learn through horses are given the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge needed to lead an independent and fulfilled life, learning what was previously unachievable.
Horses at the FCRT are a means to a life changing end, not for sport and leisure pursuits. So much of what is required to work with and understand horses is also what enables the achievement of neccessary life and social skills.
- Please click on the links on the top left of each of our pages to find more information about the FCRT, what it offers, about the facilities, the staff and the horses and how you can become involved or give your support.
- To contact FCRT please telephone 01425 673297, e.mail email@example.com or you can go to the 'Contact Us' page and use the 'Online Enquiry Form'.
- For 'Diary Dates', please click on the 'Forthcoming Diary Dates' download at the bottom of the page.
- For copies of the latest FCRT Ofsted and Care Quality Commission (CQC) Reports, please click on the corresponding links at the bottom of the page.
- To find current FCRT job vacancies, please click on the link 'Join the Team' and then on 'Employment Opportunities'.
FUN BRIDGE DAY
Thursday 6th October 2016
A choice of Chicago or Rubber Bridge.
Tickets are per person or per table and will include:
2 course lunch, with a glass of wine, followed by coffee.
Raffle and Prize giving.
For further details regarding this event, please contact Mrs Hagan on 01590 681968
FCRT Open Day 2016
The Fortune Centre of Riding Therapy
invites you to attend an
at the FCRT Avon Tyrrell location, BH23 8EE
on Thursday 12th May 2016
Between 11.00 am. and 4.00 pm.
Do you know someone who really likes horses?
People with learning difficulties and disabilities between 16 and 25 years
learn on the residential Further Education Through Horsemastership Course
Transfer learning from a place you want to be
...to the place you need it most
Meet staff, students and horses.
Opportunity to visit the Wootton Hall Farm location, where weekly riding therapy sessions take place.
Tel: 01425 673297 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FCRT hosts 'Shop and Drop' facility at the New Forest show 2016
Tuesday 26th July - Thursday 28th July 2016
The FCRT has once again been given the opportunity to host the 'Shop and Drop' facility at the New Forest show.
The New Forest Show attracts around 95,000 visitors every year and encompasses competition, information and display of countryside pursuits, craft, produce and entertainment. More information about the New Forest Show can be found at the Show website: www.newforestshow.co.uk/website
The 'Shop and Drop' facility gives visitors the opportunity to leave their bags or belongings at a safe place near the entrance to the show, for a small donation. All proceeds collected will go to the FCRT.
For more information about the FCRT 'Shop and Drop' at the New Forest Show, contact Jennifer Dixon-Clegg on 07786 194282
Related Factsheets & Downloads
Click here to get Adobe Reader
to download PDFs >>
- Forthcoming Diary Dates
- CQC Report Summary - WHF 2015
- CQC Report - WHF 2015
- CQC Easy Read Report - WHF 2015
- CQC Inspection Report - Robert House February 2014
- CQC Inspection Report - Wootton Hall Farm Nov 2013
- CQC Easy to read summary report - Robert House February 2014
- CQC Easy to read summary report - Wootton Hall Farm Nov 2013
- Ofsted Full Published Report 2012