At the FCRT a passion for horses becomes a means of learning life skills...the FCRT is not a riding school, it is a place where horses are a means to an end, not an end in themselves! What is taught and learnt through horses at the FCRT is about developing an ability to communicate, travel independently, manage money, and time and to make it possible to have a better understanding of numeracy and literacy for everyday life.
Until you are able to visit, we hope the website gives you some idea of what the FCRT is all about. There is no doubt that a visit to the real thing is best! We look forward to seeing you soon...our next Open Day is on Thursday, 14th May 2015.
Some young people are highly motivated to learn when it comes to horses, yet in a traditional classroom environment find learning too difficult...for them the FCRT may be an unexpected turning point in their further education. Individuals who have the motivation to learn through horses are given the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge needed to lead an independent and fulfilled life, learning what was previously unachievable.
Horses at the FCRT are a means to a life changing end, not for sport and leisure pursuits. So much of what is required to work with and understand horses is also what enables the achievement of neccessary life and social skills.
- Please click on the links on the top left of each of our pages to find more information about the FCRT, what it offers, about the facilities, the staff and the horses and how you can become involved or give your support.
- To contact FCRT please telephone 01425 673297, e.mail firstname.lastname@example.org or you can go to the 'Contact Us' page and use the 'Online Enquiry Form'.
- For 'Diary Dates', please click on the 'Forthcoming Diary Dates' download at the bottom of the page.
- For copies of the latest FCRT Ofsted and Care Quality Commission (CQC) Reports, please click on the corresponding links at the bottom of the page.
- To find current FCRT job vacancies, please click on the link 'Join the Team' and then on 'Employment Opportunities'.
You are invited to
'The Fortune of Christmas'
Thursday 17th December 2015
in the Indoor School
at the FCRT Avon Tyrrell location
Everyone welcome to enjoy various festive stalls, mince pies and hot drinks from 5.15pm
Carols & Tableaux will be performed by the students, Associates, staff and horses at 6.30pm
Dress Warmly and bring a torch!
Related Factsheets & Downloads
Click here to get Adobe Reader
to download PDFs >>
- Forthcoming Diary Dates
- CQC Report Summary - WHF 2015
- CQC Report - WHF 2015
- CQC Easy Read Report - WHF 2015
- CQC Inspection Report - Robert House February 2014
- CQC Inspection Report - Wootton Hall Farm Nov 2013
- CQC Easy to read summary report - Robert House February 2014
- CQC Easy to read summary report - Wootton Hall Farm Nov 2013
- Ofsted Full Published Report 2012