At the FCRT a passion for horses becomes a means of learning life skills...the FCRT is not a riding school, it is a place where horses are a means to an end, not an end in themselves! What is taught and learnt through horses at the FCRT is about developing an ability to communicate, travel independently, manage money, and time and to make it possible to have a better understanding of numeracy and literacy for everyday life.
Until you are able to visit, we hope the website gives you some idea of what the FCRT is all about. There is no doubt that a visit to the real thing is best! We look forward to seeing you soon...our next Open Day is on Thursday, 14th May 2015.
Some young people are highly motivated to learn when it comes to horses, yet in a traditional classroom environment find learning too difficult...for them the FCRT may be an unexpected turning point in their further education. Individuals who have the motivation to learn through horses are given the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge needed to lead an independent and fulfilled life, learning what was previously unachievable.
Horses at the FCRT are a means to a life changing end, not for sport and leisure pursuits. So much of what is required to work with and understand horses is also what enables the achievement of neccessary life and social skills.
- Please click on the links on the top left of each of our pages to find more information about the FCRT, what it offers, about the facilities, the staff and the horses and how you can become involved or give your support.
- To contact FCRT please telephone 01425 673297, e.mail email@example.com or you can go to the 'Contact Us' page and use the 'Online Enquiry Form'.
- For 'Diary Dates', please click on the 'Forthcoming Diary Dates' download at the bottom of the page.
- For copies of the latest FCRT Ofsted and Care Quality Commission (CQC) Reports, please click on the corresponding links at the bottom of the page.
- To find current FCRT job vacancies, please click on the link 'Join the Team' and then on 'Employment Opportunities'.
HETI(UK) Autumn Forum, hosted by GUL at The Bustard Inn, Wiltshire - Thursday 15th October 2015
You are invited to the next Forum on
The Forum will meet on Thursday, 15th October, 2015
at The Bustard Inn, Wiltshire
If you would like more information about the Autumn forum please telephone:
Jennifer Dixon-Clegg, or Paola Russell on 01425 673297.
FCRT Open Day 2015
The Fortune Centre of Riding Therapy
invites you to attend an
at the FCRT Avon Tyrrell location, BH23 8EE
on Monday 19th October 2015
Between 11.00 am. and 4.00 pm.
Do you know someone who really likes horses?
People with learning difficulties and disabilities between 16 and 25 years
learn on the residential Further Education Through Horsemastership Course
Transfer learning from a place you want to be
...to the place you need it most
Meet staff, students and horses.
Opportunity to visit the Wootton Hall Farm location, where weekly riding therapy sessions take place.
Tel: 01425 673297 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OFA Reunion 2015
Dear OFA Member,
This year the Reunion is Saturday 3rd October at Avon Tyrrell from 10a.m. to 4p.m.
The cost will be £6.50 each or £10 for an OFA with a parent or carer.
There will be refreshments and cake on arrival, a buffet lunch and a cream tea before you leave in the afternoon.
If you would like to join us please contact email@example.com or ‘phone FCRT Reception on: 01425 673297.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the reunion.
All best wishes,
Related Factsheets & Downloads
Click here to get Adobe Reader
to download PDFs >>